Workshop brought to you by ABOUT ALL HANDS TOGETHER
At All Hands Together, we believe in looking beyond labels to recognise that every child is differently abled. Each child is unique, and has his or her own way of processing information. AHT provides parents with a solution that helps their children learn the way they learn best. Ultimately, it is early intervention and regular practice that makes the real difference in driving those crucial developmental leaps.
All Hands Together aspires to create educational programmes that are accessible and affordable. They offer unique home-based, parent-empowered customised learning programmes and centre based programmes to cover varying needs and ages.
Parents and caregivers of children aged 3 to 8 years old (neurological)
Identify and discuss the reasons parents shy away from teaching and working with their own children. The goal is to empower “parents as teachers” so that they can teach their children.
1. Understanding the reasons for children’s task avoidance behaviours.
- Teach parents how to use the ABC method to analyse behaviour.
- How to then use this information to manage and be aware of the triggers.
2. Managing the behaviours
- How to positively reinforce desired behaviour
- How to manage behaviors better and improve learning.
3. Strategies and hands on experience on how to make learning a fun and positive experience:
- There will be an interactive activity where parents can share their personal experiences and challenges. Parents will identify one behaviour and set one goal to work on.
- We will discuss and provide parents with the necessary and appropriate strategies to manage the behaviour and make learning fun.
- We will also show parents how to improvise and use materials to extend and generalize skills being taught.
1. Identify and discuss the reasons parents shy away from teaching and working with their own children.
2. Understand the causes of task avoidance behaviour and identifying the signs of task avoidance.
3. To apply a variety of strategies to manage task completion behaviour.
HELPING PARENTS GET STARTED
To help parents benefit from the workshop, All Hands Together and Club Rainbow will provide a 2-week follow up programme to support parents to try out the strategies at home. Club Rainbow will contact the parents once a week to follow up and provide assistance under the guidance of All Hands Together.
For more enquiries, please contact Sally at 6394 5045